"Doing the Green Thing"
Posted 11 months ago by BowlPhish
Doing The Green Thing
A phrase that has become increasingly popular in recent years and more and more companies and individuals are jumping on the bandwagon. But what does it actually mean?
Usual the answer would be: “Purchasing an item that has been recycled, or saving waste from a home or factory, which can be reprocessed into something else to protect world resources.”
At The Glass Wipe Board Company, we want to do the right thing for the environment:
- Our glass wipe board is 99% recyclable and can be reused in a number of manufacturing processes.
- You should never have to replace your BowlPhish glass wipe board, if you no longer require your glass wipe board, we will collect it and properly recycle all components.
- BowlPhish glass writing boards are manufactured by us in the UK, providing a low carbon footprint.
- All our packaging is recyclable - our template plastic, blue face protection film and banding can all be placed in a standard plastic recycle bin and our paper and cardboard packaging can all be placed in your cardboard and paper recycling bin.
- For our protective corners, we supply a postage paid jiffy bag to send those back to us, which means we can use these countless times.
We are also fully aware of the challenges for Architects and main contractors to achieve SKA and BREEAM status on new buildings and refurbishments and we continually strive to ensure our BowlPhish products can meet the criteria.
You might have read our last blog posts about the introduction of a Bohle sedimentor to our workshop, in order to achieve our goal of having a sustainable carbon footprint, or why our BowlPhish Glass Wipe Boards are a sustainable investment. These are small steps, but we are taking them!
According to WWF’s Living Planet Report 2018, we only have one generation to save our planet. We can all contribute to the preservation of the environment. For future generations, we need to start the education process of recycling as early as possible. Let’s ensure the coming generations, that we are striving to make the world last that extra bit longer.